Losing a loved one is one of the most difficult experiences in life. We encourage you to speak with a professional through the Laborers’ Support Network at 1-800-522-6763 for support. In addition, here are some recommendations to help you through this holiday season:
- Stick to routines as much as possible.
- Spend time with friends and family.
- Spend some time alone, but try not to isolate yourself from others.
- Accept help from others when it’s offered. Chores and paperwork can be extra cumbersome when you need to grieve your loss.
- Enjoy nature – take walks outdoors or fill your indoor space with plants.
- Exercise regularly. Even one short walk each day helps.
- Take time to be creative, whether it’s making music, painting, doing holiday crafts, or something else!
It can be easy to find solace in drugs or alcohol, but these aren’t solutions. If you’re experiencing challenges with addiction in the wake of a loss, MLBF is here to support you. The LEAN Program is available 24/7 at 1-844-423-LEAN.
Don’t forget about the Laborers’ Support Network resources. Go to hmc.personaladvantage.com with the access code MALAB to look through additional resources to help manage grief and loss.